The perfect adventure for the whole family!
Join us on board Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari and bring learning to life in the Hauraki Gulf!
A whale and dolphin watching tour is one of the best things to do with the family in Auckland. Children and adults alike will be amazed by the incredible encounters with the diverse range of wildlife in the abundant ecosystem that is the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park.
Step on board the boat in downtown Auckland, and in the blink of an eye you'll be out on the water spotting whales, dolphins, sharks, rare seabirds and more, right in our own backyard!
During the safari, kids can help our marine biologist hosts with research projects and talk about the ecosystem of our Hauraki Gulf, from the tiniest wriggling zooplankton to the gigantic whales that eat them. With their interactive presentations and amazing marine knowledge, our friendly crew will educate and inspire you and your family to help protect our oceans.
Whales, dolphins, seabirds and a classroom on the water
The Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari learning experience:
- Interact with our marine biologist crew
- Spot whales, dolphins, seabirds and other wildlife
- See zooplankton up close and wriggling!
- Help with important research projects
- Learn about the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park ecosystem
- Find out things kids can do at home to help save our oceans