Become an Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari Guide!
Guides - We are currently seeking applications for the 2019/2020 summer season.
Our fantastic guides are responsible for hosting our passengers on board our immersive 4.5-hour safari experience. A large part of the role involves presenting information on the marine ecosystem, local wildlife and the research and conservation efforts happening in the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. Other key responsibilities include helping with data collection, ensuring that passengers are comfortable and safe at all times and keeping our vessel Dolphin Explorer looking shipshape.
We would like to hear from you if you have a genuine interest and passion for:
- the marine environment, particularly in the areas of research and conservation
- learning and increasing your own knowledge
- sharing your knowledge with others
- have an undergraduate degree (minimum) in Marine/Environmental Science (or similar)
- have previous experience working with marine mammals (e.g. research or ecotourism) and/or the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- have experience working on boats
All applicants must:
- be resident in NZ, an Australian citizen or hold a valid work visa
- be fluent in speaking English (additional languages are a bonus)
- have experience in hospitality and/or tourism
- be able to multitask and think on their feet
- not be susceptible to seasickness and be comfortable assisting others who are seasick
- be able to demonstrate strong team working skills
- be available to come to Auckland for assessments