COVID-19 Travel Information
Here’s what we need you to know, and what you can expect from us, while travelling on an Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari under New Zealand’s COVID-19 Protection Framework (the ‘traffic lights’ settings).
If you have booked on behalf of others, please ensure every member of your group is aware of these requirements before you travel.
At all settings of the Protection Framework:
- Vaccination requirements: From the 5th of April 2022, there will be no requirement to present your My Vaccine Pass to board the vessel.
- Contact Tracing: From the 5th of April 2022, there will be no requirement to sign in.
- Illness: We ask you not to travel if you are unwell with COVID-19 related symptoms. Passengers presenting with COVID-19 symptoms may be refused travel. Please call us before your trip if you are experiencing any symptoms and we will arrange an alternative day for you.
- Face coverings: Wearing of face masks is encouraged, but not required, throughout the vessel during the tour.
- Vaccinations: All our staff are vaccinated in line with Government requirements.
Under the Orange and Green settings we will operate at full capacity and passengers are free to move around the vessel whenever it is safe to do so.
Thank you for helping us keep our passengers, our staff and our Auckland community safe. We look forward to showing you the beauty and diverse wildlife of the Hauraki Gulf!
The Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari Team