COVID-19 Travel Information
Here’s what we need you to know, and what you can expect from us, while travelling on an Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari under New Zealand’s COVID-19 Protection Framework (the ‘traffic lights’ settings).
If you have booked on behalf of others, please ensure every member of your group is aware of these requirements before you travel.
At all settings of the Protection Framework:
- Vaccination requirements: All passengers aged 12 and over must present a valid My Vaccine Pass to travel. Timeframes for vaccination and pass criteria are determined by Government. Exempt passengers are also required to have a My Vaccine Pass.
- Contact Tracing: All passengers aged 12 and over, will be asked to sign in using the Covid-19 tracer app or complete a manual sign-in form on boarding.
- Illness: We ask you not to travel if you are unwell with Covid-19 related symptoms. Passengers presenting with symptoms may be refused travel. Please call us before your trip if you are experiencing any symptoms and we will arrange an alternative day for you.
- Face coverings: Wearing of face coverings is encouraged but not mandatory for staff and passengers in all areas of the vessel.
- Our staff are vaccinated in line with Government requirements.
Additional Requirements for Red setting:
- Our capacity limit allows for social distancing of 1m. This is encouraged but not required on board.
- Passengers must be seated and separated from other travellers/groups while eating or drinking on board
Under the Orange and Green settings we will opearte at full capacity and passengers are free to move around the vessel whenever it is safe to do so.
Thank you for helping us keep our passengers, our staff and our Auckland community safe. We look forward to showing you the beauty and diverse wildlife of the Hauraki Gulf!
The Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari Team