Research and Conservation in the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- 1.2 million hectares, 50 islands, 5 marine reserves
- One of the most abundant and diverse marine parks in the world.
- Over 25 of the 37 southern hemisphere marine mammals have been identified in the Marine Park.
- Visited by 1/3 of all the types of marine mammals found on earth.
- Home to a globally unique population of Brydes Whales that are critically endangered.
Join the qualified marine researchers onboard New Zealand’s most accessible marine research vessel and learn about how your ticket purchase is contributing directly to Marine Conservation.
Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari has been in operation since the year 2000 and in that time we have developed strong relationships in the area of research and conservation including government departments, NGOs, registered charities and educational institutions. We are dedicated to the protection of the marine environment, not only locally in the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park, but globally through spreading awareness and acting as role models to individuals and businesses worldwide.
Our Research Partners
Organisations that we support